The United States has the 2nd largest Spanish-speaking population in the world and 80% of the agricultural workforce in the U.S. speak Spanish!
Learning Spanish with Katie will help you:
- Build rapport, respect and positive relationships with others.
- Enhance communication within teams and the dairy industry.
- Have fun while building your language skills!
"This class has been a HUGE help for me. I went from playing charades to being able to say what I needed. I loved your energy and enthusiasm for Spanish and it makes me super excited and motivated to learn. Thank you for making Spanish fun for me again."
- Alyson O.
About your instructor, Katie
Hey there! I'm Katie a.k.a. AgvoKate
I have been a dairy farmer my entire life, growing up on my family farm as 3rd generation, then co-owing my own dairy farm as 1st genration for the padt 12 years.
- Lifelong dairy farmer
- Worked with Spanish speakers in the dairy industry for 15+ years
- Degrees in Secondary Education, Spanish and Business Management and Marketing
- Spanish teacher in Middle and High School for 4+ years
- Developed curriculum and instructed online course for the dairy industry for four years
- ESL- English as a Second Language certified
- Study abroad experience in Panama
- 2008 Employer of the Year (Dotterer Dairy) from The PA Department of Education Migrant Education Program.
My passion for agriculture runs deep and I love sharing it with others!